Every bit of recycling makes a difference. That’s why we accept all recyclable materials.
CALL NOW FOR A QUOTE
We provide in-person estimates so that we can provide you with the most accurate quotes.
Stop by our location today. We pay top dollar for your metal, aluminum & plastic recyclables.
CRV RECYCLERS IN SAN JOSE
Established in 1986 by the California Beverage Container Recycling and Litter Reduction Act, the term CRV stands for California Refund Value. CRV is a refundable deposit paid by consumers during the purchase of all recyclable beverage containers; when the container is brought to a recycler, the CRV is paid back to the consumer. Recycling Specialists, Inc. is proud to be a certified CRV recycle center in San Jose, offering can recycling, scrap metal recycling, and electronics recycling services.
CRV Beverage Containers
The California Beverage Container Recycling and Litter Reduction Act was passed to reduce the amount of litter and recyclable products deposited in landfills. CRV beverage containers are those made from aluminum, plastic, glass, or bimetal. Beverage containers eligible for a CRV refund via recycling include:
- malt beverages, including beer
- distilled spirits coolers
- fruit drinks and juices, both carbonated and non-carbonated
- sports drinks
- vegetable juices in containers of 16oz or less
- 100% fruit juices in containers less than 46oz
- water, including carbonated, non-carbonated, mineral, and flavored products
- soda and soft drinks
Three Tips CRV Recycling
The efficacy of any recycling program hinges on the collection of recyclable containers, thus preventing them from becoming litter or landfill trash. If you are looking to receive CRV payment for eligible beverage containers, the first step is effective collection and sorting before taking your items to CRV recyclers.
- Mark and set out separate containers for each type of CRV-eligible beverage container to keep them separated from other trash. The easier it is to sort trash and dispose of recyclable containers, the more likely you, your family, or your employees will be to make this effort. Sorting your beverage containers as you throw them out will also mean less work when it’s time to visit your recycler.
- Using per-unit recycling options is time-consuming, while setting your CRV containers out with curbside recycling doesn’t earn you a refund. Taking your CRV beverage containers to a certified CRV recycle center is the fastest and easiest way to get your CRV payment.
- CRV containers should be clean of any contaminants before you take them to the recycling center. Your recycle center may pay less than the maximum CRV rate if containers are contaminated. Get into the habit of rinsing out you beverage containers when you’re through with them to ensure you receive full CRV compensation from your recycler.
The CRV recyclers at the Recycling Specialists, Inc. recycling center offer CRV payment on cans, bottles, and other qualifying beverage containers. Please call (408) 437-7553 to reach us for more information about bottle and can recycling near San Jose.